Southern Colorado | Always Watching Out For You

Utility crews cap gas leak as firefighters evacuate homes in northeastern Colorado Springs

CSFD gas leak

COLORADO SPRINGS – Three Colorado Springs homes were evacuated Friday morning as a contractor boring a horizontal line for a pipe accidentally hit a gas line.

Utilities capped the line rather quickly.

Fire crews, working alongside Colorado Springs Utilities, made sure everyone along the block got out of their homes safely. There was air monitoring in place to ensure none of the natural gas backed up in the homes.

News5 is told the contractor was working on a project for Comcast to install cable fiber on Oyster Bay Dr. and Scarborough Dr. just northwest of Woodmen Rd. and Powers Blvd.

Benjamin Lloyd

Benjamin Lloyd

Digital Executive Producer for KOAA News 5. Email - blloyd@koaa.com Twitter: @Ben_L_Lloyd​
Scroll to top
Skip to content