EL PASO COUNTY – El Paso County residents will have several opportunities to recycle their Christmas trees in the coming days.
With help from El Paso County, the City of Colorado Springs, Colorado Springs Utilities, Rocky Top Resources, and the Colorado Springs Gazette, Colorado Springs Youth Sports will be operating a TreeCycle event with hopes of reducing tree waste, providing free mulch, and supporting youth sports.
For a suggested minimum donation of only $5 per tree, area residents can drop off trees at six locations.
According to the group, Colorado Springs Youth Sports is a charitable non-profit organization that operates the El Pomar Yout Sports Park. They said 100 percent of donations received will benefit area youth.
Tree donations will be accepted from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. on December 29th and 30th, as well as January 5th and 6th at the following locations.
- Baptist Road Trailhead (Baptist Road & Old Denver Highway)
- Falcon Trailhead (SW of Woodmen Road & McLaughlin Road)
- Cottonwood Creek Park (Dublin Blvd. & Montarbor Drive)
- Sky Sox Stadium (Barnes Road & Tutt Blvd.)
- Rock Ledge Ranch (Gateway Road & 30th Street)
- Memorial Park (Pikes Peak Avenue & Union Blvd.)
Trees and donations can also be made at Rocky Top Resources (1755 E. Las Vegas Street) from
7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. weekdays and 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturdays from December 26th to 28th and January 2nd to
All decorations must be removed from trees before they are dropped off.
You can find more information here: www.TreeCycleCOS.org